Protection of applications and data
The information of our company is one of the most valuable assets that exists, and as such we must have it well protected. In fact, colloquially it is said that you should protect your castle well, but it is never less to put a good lock on your treasure. The reason for protecting the data is not simply to prevent someone from stealing them, but also to know how they are being used, where they are stored, who is accessing them and even to avoid leaking sensitive data for the organization.
How does the Microsoft and Softeng cloud help you protect your data?
Microsoft includes control and audit tools for the data stored in its services in the cloud, giving visibility to how information is consumed and from where, greatly improving the corporate information governance processes.
Additionally, it allows us to encrypt confidential information (such as files and specific emails), so that even if it leaves the company (by mistake or intentionally), nobody can access it. We can also add controls to sensitive information for the company (for example personal data to comply with GDPR) and / or confidential (for example, fiscal, financial or intellectual property information); which allow us to know if an incorrect and even malicious use of the information is being made. In fact, we can even keep under control those files that we share with other collaborating organizations, giving us visibility on who accesses and from where; as well as revoke access to files even though they are not within the limits of our computer infrastructure.
These are the main tools and services that help us protect the data:
- Azure Information Protection (AIP): Allows companies to classify, tag and protect office documents and emails when they are created or modified, to share them securely with people in your organization or outside of it, to track its use and even revoke access remotely. Read more...
- Microsoft Cloud App Security: Helps control the cloud applications that users use from the company. Also, you can read files labeled with AIP and set policies based on the labels. The service scans confidential files used in cloud applications by company users and automatically applies AIP protection, including encryption. Read more...
- Office 365 Data Loss Prevention (DLP): You can identify more than 80 types of common confidential data, including financial, medical, and personal identification information. In addition, DLP allows you to configure the measures that will be adopted after identification to protect confidential information and prevent its accidental disclosure.
- Office 365 eDiscovery Searches: To find text and metadata in the content of your resources: SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business Online and Exchange Online. In addition, Office 365's advanced eDiscovery employs machine learning technologies and can help you identify documents that are relevant to a particular topic (for example, regulatory compliance research) quickly and with greater accuracy.
Data protection and compliance
Ensuring that the personal data your company has is identifiable and protected is a fundamental requirement of the General Data Protection Regulation and in this sense, Microsoft security solutions are in a unique position to comply with the new regulation helping you to:
- Identify personal data and where they reside, regulate their access and use, and establish adequate security controls.
- Help protect data on all devices, applications and services in the cloud and locally using the integrated functions of classification, tagging and protection of Microsoft 365.
- Evaluate the risk through a tool that provides you with the measures you need to carry out in your organization to comply with the new regulation.
- Keep personal data protected with the Windows 10 identity and information protection functions.
If you want to know more about how Microsoft and Softeng security solutions help you comply with the new regulation, click HERE
Discover everything the attendees of our event learned about security and compliance solutions from Microsoft