With the objective of minimizing risks, effectively managing changes, and offering a quality service that meets the expectations of our customers, SOFTENG uses a proven methodological framework oriented to processes. By means of the same, we managed to align all the participants of the project towards a common objective and clearly defined, so that its execution is carried out according to the expected terms and costs.
The phases in which we divide a project are the following:
It establishes the bases and scope of the project, as well as the necessary resources, timing and costs. We work to understand the value you want to obtain and / or provide to your customers, and help you discover new opportunities to increase it.
|Design and architecture |
It consists of clarifying the objectives of the project, proposing the most appropriate strategy for its development, as well as describing the functionality to be implemented, defining its scope. Stages:
It consists of the development of the project organized in milestones and deliverables and thus facilitate to the clients the possibility to review the application as it is being constructed. Stages: Prototype, Interface design, Database creation, Implementation, Integration and test-testing. It is a process that is carried out through iterative cycles until the customer gives us their agreement.
Once the application has been successfully developed and tested, it will go through a final stage of quality control prior to customer acceptance. In this way, the finished software is delivered to the internal quality equipment for deep testing, both functional (comparing it with the documentation of requirements), and technical (especially load and stress, simulating user connections that use it).
Once the quality control is completed and the customer is accepted, the deployment and commissioning phase is carried out, which in turn is divided into five stages whose order and scope will depend on the project in question:
- Hardware Installation: If necessary, the installation of the server or server cluster will be performed.
- Software Installation: The software will be installed and configured and, in general, the necessary server requirements for the correct operation of the application.
- Installation of the application: Migration from the test server to the final server.
- Data migration: If necessary, the information will be migrated from the old database manager of the organization to the new server.
- Training: The project manager prepares the necessary documentation, and is in charge of training future users to use the application or to manage content in the case of Web projects.
- Closing phase, start of continuous improvement and support: The project is terminated when the objectives agreed with the client have been reached, and the guarantee enters into force. During this period functional expansions can be analyzed that contribute more added value to the project, or new business opportunities that lead to future collaborations. At the end of the warranty, the period of support and continuous improvement will enter into force.
This phase is carried out in parallel with the others, and consists of all the management activities necessary to carry out the project successfully and achieve the objectives set. These activities are carried out by the assigned project manager, and consist mainly of the control and coordination of resources, costs, time, planning, deliverables and quality.