Security and control for your company with Windows 10 Enterprise - Part I (E3)
Security threats are one of the most serious problems that companies have to face today. Therefore, from Softeng, we are committed to provide solutions to our customers in this area, as well as continue to report on our blog about how technology, the Microsoft cloud and our experience, can help you in this important and complex way.
In this post we are going to focus on Windows 10 Enterprise , because protecting equipment is one of the fundamental pillars to improve security in companies. In effect, Microsoft has managed to create Windows 10 the safest operating system in history ... helping to protect the device , identity , information and take proactive decisions in any threatening situation , covering more or less aspects as it is of the Pro, Enterprise E3 or Enterprise E5 version.
Starting with Windows 10 Pro , this version includes basic security features such as:
- Windows Hello : It is the password-free login method that offers you the fastest and safest way to unlock your Windows devices, through biometric recognition (fingerprint, facial and iris recognition).
- Bitlocker: It allows you to encrypt the content protecting the data of your computer in case of loss or theft of your device.
- Windows Information Protection (WIP): Allow your organization to control the use of corporate data in personal devices and applications according to the policies you have defined in your MDM (Movile Device Management). This allows remote deletion of corporate data only in case of loss / theft of device and / or loss of user of the company as well as avoiding information leaks, preventing users from copying / downloading corporate information in personal applications.
- Windows Safe Boot: The secure boot of Windows 10, used in conjunction with the secure UEFI boot, helps ensure that the computer starts up securely and that only trusted software can be run during the boot process.
However, the above functionalities end up being insufficient to deal with the most dangerous threats. That is why the version Windows 10 Enterprise E3 adds an additional layer of security, reaching a maximum protection with Windows 10 E5 (about which we will talk in the next post).
Security features exclusive to Windows 10 Enterprise E3
The Windows 10 Enterprise E3 version offers exclusive and advanced protection capabilities superior to the Pro and aimed at devices, identities, applications and sensitive business information. Also, Windows 10 Enterprise is available as a cloud service with a simple and flexible monthly subscription ( 5 devices per user ), so that companies can take advantage of Microsoft's constant innovation.
Protection from modern security threats
The current scenario of security threats is that of aggressive and tenacious threats. For this reason, Microsoft has made large investments in Windows 10 to make it the Windows operating system most resistant to malware to date.
- Credential Guard: It is a functionality that protects corporate identities and credentials, storing and encrypting authentication information in a separate container that only the system's software can access. If someone takes control of your computer, it can not enter your network or copy data or damage, because the system will also ask for a credential that is stored on the computer + Another authentication factor that can be: Pin, fingerprint or phone call to verify that the person who authenticates is who they say they are.
- Device Guard: With this functionality Microsoft has changed the way in which the operating system manages the applications that are not trusted, allowing only the execution of trusted applications approved by the IT department, which makes it difficult for the malware to cross its defenses.
- Applocker: It is a new functionality similar to DeviceGuard but instead of doing it at the device level, it allows creating rules to authorize or deny the execution of applications at the level of users or groups.
In this article we have reviewed the most advanced security and management features that includes Windows 10 in its business versions. In the next article we will talk about Windows 10 Enterprise E5 , the latest offer for customers who want to take advantage of all the features of E3 plus the advanced threat protection of Microsoft Defender ATP .
You want to know more? Contact us!
Yes, I want to know more!