Protect your business computers with Windows 10 E5
In the past post we talked about the security features of the Windows 10 Enterprise E3 version , Microsoft's safest operating system that protects the device, identity and information of companies, also helping them to make proactive decisions in any situation of threat, covering more or less aspects depending on the version.
In this new article we are going to talk about Windows 10 Enterprise E5 , Microsoft's most complete offering for its operating system that includes all the security capabilities of the E3 version adding an advanced security layer through Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, formerly Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), a powerful security tool that offers maximum protection for your company.
Windows 10 Enterprise security tools combined with Defender work as follows:
What does Microsoft Defender for Endpoint offer you?
Defender for Endpoint leverages Microsoft technology and expertise to help detect , investigate, and provide an immediate response to advanced persistent threats and data breaches on your networks. Defender for Endpoint helps you:
- Get a real-time analysis of your entire equipment infrastructure through a central console that displays information on the status and activity of protected equipment.
- Detect advanced and zero-day attacks, from the analysis of the environment, the behavior and the use of Machine Learning technology, showing you detailed information on the extent of the security breach through the central console and offering solutions to mitigate it.
- Instant access to the analysis of 6 months of information regarding the behavior of our company to carry out a forensic analysis, offering you an inventory of files, URLs and connections throughout the network.
The agility of detection offered by Defender for Endpoint saves you time and resources , while also limiting the amount of damage caused by a security breach.
How does Defender for Endpoint work?
Defender for Endpoint combines the client technology built into Windows 10 and a robust cloud service. Defender for Endpoint continuously monitors the network for malicious activity or abnormal behavior through:
- Behavior sensors: Integrated in the devices, which collect and process behavioral signals from the operating system (for example, network communications, file modifications and any type of process). This information is then sent to the Cloud Security console for analysis.
- Threat Intelligence: Microsoft has a team of global security specialists and a community of "hunters" dedicated exclusively to finding new malicious techniques and continually training Defender for Endpoint to help it become increasingly effective.
- Cloud security analysis: Thanks to BigData and machine learning, it analyzes the information received from the sensors and compares it with historical and anonymous information from millions of devices spread around the world and by Defender for Endpoint's own threat intelligence , to detect abnormal behavior, hacker techniques, and similarity to known attacks.
Screen 1 -Central console that offers a summary of the general status of the network and alerts. Screen 2 - View of an alert about a possible threat.
Screen 1 - Status and alerts view of a network computer Screen 2 - Provides detailed information about an identified attack on the network and how to solve it.
The current landscape forces companies to be protected against security threats and to be able to detect and respond quickly to them. At Softeng, we are committed to providing solutions to our clients and offering them our experience in this area, so we encourage you to follow our blog where we will continue to inform you about the security tools and solutions that we can offer you.
Do you want to know more about Windows 10 Enterprise E5? Contact us!
Yes, I want to know more!