Microsoft Teams: The Office 365 collaboration tool for workgroups
Microsoft Teams is an Office 365 chat-based workspace designed to improve the communication and collaboration of the work teams of companies, re- enforcing the collaborative functions of the platform in the cloud, Office 365. Since its launch to all the public more than 6 months ago, more than 125,000 companies have discovered teamwork thanks to Teams.
Teams is integrated naturally with Microsoft Office 365 and based on "Groups", the cloud service developed for collaboration among users. The tool brings together in a common space, the collaborative applications necessary to work as a team and with which you can work with: Chats, Videoconferences, notes, access to content, Office Online, planner and other features that we review in this article.
An extensible and customizable work center for teams
Microsoft Teams offers the possibility of using Office 365 applications, customizing the environment according to the needs of your team. With Teams, users of a team can:
- Perform group or private chats to hold group conversations with few members.
- View the content and chat history at any time.
- Start video or voice meetings thanks to the integration of Skype business.
- Get instant access to all content, collaboration tools, users and conversations through tabs.
- Add quick access to frequently used documents, websites and applications.
- Access to notes and documents thanks to integration with OneNote and SharePoint.
- Work with Office Online documents directly from Teams.
- Plan tasks thanks to the integration with Planner.
- Add Power BI reports.
- Enjoy a common work space with web interface and for mobile devices.
- Being based on groups allows the user to move from one collaboration platform to another easily.
- Add connectors that allow you to integrate applications such as Yammer and third-party services, such as: RSS, Bing News Channel or Twitter.
- Create a custom integration with application programming interfaces and other development tools.
Access to guests
Since its launch 6 months ago, Microsoft has continued working to improve the tool and respond to user requests. One of the most demanded is access to guests, with this new functionality, Office 365 users can add people from outside their organization to the team so they can participate in chats, join meetings or collaborate on documents, among others. other functions
Guest accounts are added and managed through Azure AD through B2B collaboration, offering companies the highest level of security.
A safe workspace
Microsoft Teams provides the security and business compliance features that Office 365 offers its customers:
- Broad compatibility with compliance standards
- Data encryption at all times, at rest and in transit
- Multi-factor authentication for improved identity protection
Teams is included in the Office 365 Enterprise and Business plans.
In summary, we dare to say that in the same way that Skype for business changed the way people work making them more productive, Microsoft Teams will do it with work teams :)
Visualize in this video how Microsoft Teams helps teams to be more productive.
Do you want to know more about Teams and Office 365?
If you want to know more about Teams and the rest of the applications that make up the productivity and collaboration suite in the Office 365 cloud, contact us.