Microsoft Teams: The Office 365 Collaborative Tool for Workgroups
Microsoft Teams is an Office 365 chat-based workspace designed to enhance the communication and collaboration of corporate work teams, re- enforcing the collaborative functions of the cloud platform, Office 365. Since its launch around the world public more than 6 months ago, more than 125,000 companies have discovered teamwork thanks to Teams.
Teams is naturally integrated with Microsoft Office 365 and based on "Groups", the cloud service developed for collaboration between users. The tool brings together in a common space, the collaboration applications necessary to work as a team and with which you can work with: Chats, Videoconferences, notes, access to content, Office Online, planner and other features that we review in this article.
An extensible and customizable work center for teams
Microsoft Teams offers the ability to use Office 365 applications, customizing the environment according to the needs of your computer. With Teams, users of a team can:
- Carry out group or private chats to hold group conversations with few members.
- View content and chat history at any time.
- Start video or voice meetings thanks to the integration of enterprise Skype.
- Get instant access to all content, collaboration tools, users and conversations through tabs.
- Add quick access to frequently used documents, websites, and applications.
- Access to notes and documents thanks to integration with OneNote and SharePoint.
- Work with Office Online documents directly from Teams.
- Plan tasks thanks to integration with Planner.
- Add Power BI reports.
- Enjoy a common working space with web interface and for mobile devices.
- Being group-based allows the user to move from one collaboration platform to another easily.
- Add connectors that allow you to integrate applications such as Yammer and third-party services, such as RSS, Bing News Channel or Twitter.
- Create custom integration with application programming interfaces and other development tools.
Access to guests
Since its launch six months ago, Microsoft has continued to work to improve the tool and respond to user requests. One of the most in demand is the access to guests, with this new functionality, Office 365 users can add people outside their organization to the team so they can participate in chats, join meetings or collaborate on documents, between other functions.
Guest accounts are added and managed through Azure AD through B2B collaboration, offering companies the highest level of security.
A Safe Workspace
Microsoft Teams provides the business compliance and security features that Office 365 offers its customers:
- Comprehensive compliance with compliance standards
- Data encryption at all times, at rest and in transit
- Multifactor authentication for enhanced identity protection
Teams is included in the Office 365 Enterprise and Business plans.
In short, we dare to say that just as Skype for business changed the way people work making them more productive, Microsoft Teams will do it with the work teams :)
See in this video how Microsoft Teams helps teams become more productive.
Want to know more about Stream and Office 365?
If you want to know more about Teams and the rest of the applications that make up the Office 365 cloud productivity and collaboration suite contact us.
Yes, I want to know more