Technological progress has changed the rules of the game in business and the way we work, opening new paths to enhance productivity and increase business efficiency. But also new risks associated with remote work, devices, information…, which place cybersecurity at the forefront of company priorities.
To better understand its complexity and be able to make informed decisions, we share with you four factors that make security so complex when it comes to detecting, preventing and responding to vulnerabilities, threats and attacks, and how to address them to successfully exit the maze of cybersecurity:
1. Perimeter opening
Today, the corporate network has been decentralized to facilitate remote work, there has been an increase in devices, we share more information and data, and we have infrastructures in different places; thereby expanding the cybersecurity perimeter. And this fact, forces to intensify the control, supervision and confidence on the connections and use within the network.
- Having a specialist partner that provides the know-how and technological training to protect the entire perimeter in an integrated manner is a high added value for companies, due to the complexity of cybersecurity, the lack of a team of experts within of the company itself and, without forgetting, how fast technology advances and that requires constant updating.
2. Threat sophistication
When we speak of sophistication, we refer to the automation and speed of attacks with increasingly destructive cybercrime strategies and, in many cases, irreversible, as can happen with zero-day attacks.
- How to avoid it? For this, it is necessary to have integrated and intelligent solutions that communicate with each other efficiently – that do not create silos that can leave the door open – to analyze threat information in real time, correlate large amounts of data to detect patterns and anomalies, and anticipate to respond automatically and coordinated.
3. The human factor
The human factor is often the trigger for the threat gateway, whether the user has been tricked into a phishing attack, lost a device, or intentionally or unintentionally sending unprotected sensitive information to the wrong person , among other possible cases.
- For all these reasons, the culture of digital trust and technological training are the best reinforcement for the first line of defense, users, with the aim of understanding cybersecurity risks and providing them with the appropriate tools to be part of the solution.
4. Multitude of different products
One of the challenges that CISOs and CIOs must address is the large number of existing products and technologies and how to integrate them so that they work efficiently. The great challenge comes when you end up managing a network of solutions from different manufacturers.
The reasons? They do not communicate or speak the same language because each deals with a specific problem, creating silos in the security strategy; and this makes it require more operational dedication and greater reaction time.
- Having a single platform in the cloud allows us to protect all attack surfaces in an integrated and centralized way, avoiding the complexity that comes from integrating and maintaining multiple products from different manufacturers.
A Zero-Trust strategy is the best defensive approach to order with a well-defined and proven methodology – based on the basic principles of continuous verification, access with least privileges and assuming the security breach at any time – in order to protect everything the perimeter, minimize human errors and anticipate and counter threats by detecting, preventing and responding effectively.
We recommend you:
The consolidation of hybrid work together with the sophistication of cyber threats has put security in the focus of companies, where CISOs play a key role. We share the 3 essential challenges of the CISO and how to address them.
Cybersecurity is a strategic necessity that, in many cases, companies still do not have as a priority and generates what we call the house of cards paradox: focusing solely on the business without protecting the corporate environment. How to avoid it?