Implementation of Teams to enhance collaboration
When working as a team, the skills of the members are co-ordinated and their efforts are strengthened, reducing the time spent on tasks and increasing the effectiveness and success of the results. To help you strengthen teamwork, Microsoft offers you Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Teams, the Office 365 collaboration tool for teamwork
Microsoft Teams is an Office 365 based workspace designed to improve the communication and collaboration of the work teams of companies, re- enforcing the collaborative functions of the Office 365 cloud platform.
Teams is integrated naturally with Office 365 and brings together in a common space, the collaboration applications necessary to work as a team and with which you can work with: Chats, Videoconferences, Wiki, SharePoint Content, Office Online, Planner, Groups .
Once implemented, users of a team in Teams will be able to:
- Perform group or private chats to hold group conversations with few members.
- View the content and chat history at any time.
- Start video or voice meetings thanks to the integration of Skype business.
- Get instant access to all content, collaboration tools, users and conversations through tabs.
- Add quick access to frequently used documents, websites and applications.
- Access to notes and documents thanks to integration with OneNote and SharePoint.
- Work with Office Online documents directly from Teams.
- Plan tasks thanks to the integration with Planner.
- Add Power BI reports.
- Enjoy a common work space with web interface and for mobile devices.
- Add more applications from Microsoft (for example Yammer) to many others from third parties .
In the near future and thanks to the merger, gradually, between Skype Business and Teams, the collaboration tool will become the central tool of Office 365's intelligent communications, offering a single tool that allows business users participate in more productive meetings combining communication, collaboration and intelligence.
This integration allows Teams to offer features such as:
- Scheduled meetings
- Outlook calendars.
- Call functions (including incoming and outgoing PSTN numbers).
- Wait functions, call transfers and voicemail.
- Waiting room for the meeting for the participants.
- Unified presence states between Teams and business Skype (Available, busy or on a call).
- Incorporation of business Skype contacts to Teams.
- Interoperability between Business Skype and Teams (allowing users of the two tools to communicate).
- Joint administration center for Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business in Office 365, to facilitate the management of IT departments.
Microsoft Teams and compliance
Teams provides the security and business compliance features that Office 365 offers its customers. Through the Office 365 compliance and security center, we can establish retention policies for the teams created in Teams, helping in this way to comply with the security requirements and the new European data protection regulation (GDPR).
In this sense, Softeng as a specialist in Office 365 solutions can help you in the implementation and adoption of Teams, helping you improve the productivity of your company.
If you want to know more about Teams and how we can help you implement it, click HERE