After several months of research and engineering, Softeng Portal Builder ™ has become the first business platform for web projects and content management in Spain that operates on Microsoft Windows Azure. Through the new advance that represents the union of Softeng Portal Builder ™ with Azure, customers and IT departments have the option of accessing the best technologies obtaining security and a rapid return on their investment.
What is Windows Azure? Microsoft Windows Azure is a next-generation hosted operating system, which allows you to develop, manage and run remote applications and services in the cloud, or in other words, it offers computing, storage and connectivity capacity as a service.
The fundamental purpose of Azure is to provide customers with a remote datacenter to host Web applications so that they can benefit from the advantages of cloud-computing and .NET:
- It does not require investment in hardware or software assets.
- Eliminates the need for the customer's own staff to manage the infrastructure.
- Computing, storage and connectivity as required by the web application.
- Unlimited scalability.
- Security of the information.
- Tools familiar to developers.
- Pay per use.
More options than ever The Azure option completes the flexible hosting offer of Softeng's innovative “SaaS AnyWhere” model, which allows hosting a web project together with the Softeng Portal Builder ™ content management platform in:
- Own datacenter : For large accounts that are committed to hosting their applications on their infrastructure.
- ISP trusted by the customer : For companies with web applications with moderate availability and scalability needs, and who for various reasons prefer to manage and have a dedicated server or servers.
- Microsoft Windows Azure : For companies with web applications with high availability and scalability needs to obtain all the benefits that the cloud offers.
- Combined solution : For companies that require an on-premise application due to a question of efficiency or security policy (for example an intranet), together with a public web in the cloud or an ISP, due to availability, connectivity and scalability needs.
Microsoft and SOFTENG are working to carry out joint actions to publicize the advantages of the union "Softeng Portal Builder ™ + Azure", since the solution allows companies to choose to host their Web applications both in cloud-based services, on servers located in their datacenter (on-premise), or combine them in the way that makes the most sense for your specific needs.
About SOFTENG Founded in 1997, Softeng is a national software engineering, manufacturer of the first platform for Web projects: Softeng Portal Builder ™ helps people and companies build, manage and connect enterprise Web solutions. If you are interested in obtaining more information about Softeng, visit the website www.softeng.es