How Microsoft ensures the security of your data in the cloud with Office 365 and Azure
One of the commitments that Microsoft has with respect to its platforms in the cloud, Office 365 and Azure, is to ensure the security and privacy of customer information to use it, and it is guided by the following principles of trust :
Security for Microsoft is an ongoing effort that combines experience, qualified and powerful technology. Office 365 and Azure store the data in its own network of data centers strategically located worldwide and provides integrated security features to all customers and optional controls so that they can customize the security preferences.
Integrated security features available
- Physical data centers monitored 24 hours a day.
- Logical data isolation between different clients.
- Administrative access to Office 365 controlled by a process based on roles.
- Separation of the internal network of data centers and the external network and encrypting data transmitted over networks.
- Encrypted mail data with BitLocker encryption 256 bits and SSL / TLS encryption of data in transit.
- Applications designed following the development life cycle of security by ensuring the safety and privacy from software development to launch the service.
Personalized security features:
- Advanced encryption with Rights Management Service that allows administrators to encrypt elements selectively.
- Control user access through identity services such as Active Directory, Azure Active Directory Federation Services Active Directory.
- Ability to enable compliance features such as data loss prevention to prevent confidential information from leaving the organization.
- Legal Hold features, government and archiving sensitive data which they hold for legal purposes and archiving.
- Easy to quickly find items in SharePoint Online, Exchange Online and Lync Online for auditing and security.
- Your business managers can easily customize features and antimalware protection against spam.
Microsoft is constantly working on technologies that improve and respect the privacy of their services. Customers Office 365 and Azure taken into account at all times that your data belongs to them and that:
- The data is not removed to create advertising products: e-documents or to make analysis, extract data, advertising or improve service are not considered.
- The data do not mix: Office 365 lets you always keep your customer data separate from consumer services.
- The data is yours and can move: the client data belonging to Office 365 customers, who can remove their data whenever they want.
Office 365 and Azure are provided with capabilities that help companies to adapt to external industry regulations and meet internal safety requirements.
Quality control in Office 365
Office 365 will adhere to global industry standards, including ISO 27001, ISO 27018 standard, the EU model clauses, the agreement BAA HIPAA and FISMA law. Additional subjected to third-party audits by internationally recognized auditors in order to obtain an independent witness of compliance with policies and procedures for security, privacy, continuity and regulations.
Quality control in Azure
Azure Cloud is the first platform to adopt the ISO 27018 standard, the first international regulations on privacy in the cloud.
Customers cloud Microsoft can always know where your data is, what business users can access them and what they do with the information.
In addition, corporate managers may choose to receive updates concerning any changes in location of data centers and information security, privacy and auditing.
With Office 365 and Azure powerful solutions have total confidence and reliability for your business.
Want to know more about how we can help?